Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it has finally arrived. Season 8 of Call of Duty: Mobile has just been released and you can bet it brought a nuclear megaton of new content and rewards for players to dive into. Truly, it is one of the most generous seasons to date in terms of new items to unlock.
New maps, New game modes, new story content, it’s no wonder that the developers working on Call of Duty: Mobile get such high praise from the community. I was always one to avoid spending money on games but the Battle Pass that they provide is the most comfortable purchase I have made in a long time.
Everything was centered around the radioactive theme as Ghost infiltrated the Underground Bunker and, now that some cities have gone nuclear, it’s up to our heroes to win the fight in an all-new post-apocalyptic battleground. So without further ado, here’s are the most important things you need to know about Call of Duty: Mobile Season 8 – THE FORGE.
The Battle Pass
The Battle Pass is back and bigger than ever with an abundance of new items for players to unlock. Never before has there been so many new soldiers in one Pass and, according to my sources, this is going to be the new trend moving forward which will keep me coming back in future seasons.
I am an avid collector of new soldier skins and I absolutely adore the new skins on offer, especially the new Kreuger skin, since I’ve seen it a lot in Call of Duty: Warzone and he’s always been my favorite character in the entire franchise. Here are some of the rewards you can expect in this season’s pass.
Free Battle Pass Rewards
- DR-H “base” – New Assault rifle
- Shrapnel – New Perk
Premium Battle Pass Rewards
- Tank Dempsey “Wrecker” – New Epic Soldier
- Reaper “The Grinder” – New Epic Soldier
- Prophet “Dust Bowl” – New Epic Soldier
- Kreuger “Reaper” – New Epic Soldier
- DR-H “Chained” – New Epic Weapon
- AK117 “Kit Bag” – New Epic Weapon
- Living Rust theme – New Epic Weapons
I highly recommend getting the Premium Pass since there are enough CoD points to earn to make up for the points you spend on the pass itself. It’s definitely worth it.
Ever since the leaks first started to appear way back in Season 6, we have been waiting with great anticipation to see the Katana Operator skill make its way to Call of Duty: Mobile and now it is finally here. Man, I thought the Annihilator was a fun skill, can you imagine running around slicing up opponents with that shiny blade!
Not to mention the brand new Perk as well. It fits perfectly into my overall playstyle and my mind is racing just thinking about the tactical advantage that a Perk like this can give you.
- Katana – Operator Skill, slice, and dice like the samurai assassin you were always meant to be while also gaining the ability to see enemy targets that may be hidden in smoke. Similar to the Smoke Bomber class in Battle Royale that was released last season.
- Quick Fix – Perk, regenerate health by getting kills with a Gun, Combat Ax or Melee Weapon. Plus, you can increase health regeneration by capturing and holding objectives.
Sadly, as we say goodbye to Season 7, we also have to say goodbye to Attack of the Undead. As a long time fan of the original Zombies Mode, it was a decent replacement and I had a lot of fun experimenting with this new gameplay mechanic. But, unfortunately, we have to make room for another new game mode making its way to Call of Duty: Mobile.
Juggernaut may be a familiar game mode to some but its back now to bring the mayhem in this all-new post-apocalyptic setting. Here’s a quick run-down of how it all works.
- 6 players per match
- 1 player is selected to be the Juggernaut
- The remaining 5 players will all try to take down the Juggernaut
- The Juggernaut will try to get as many kills and points as possible before being taken down
- Whoever kills the Juggernaut becomes the Juggernaut
- Respawns are unlimited
- Available on Highrise, Rust, Nuketown, Crash, Killhouse, Cage.
Last season, we got a plethora of new content for my favorite game mode, Battle Royale, so I’m not surprised to see a very small list of updates this time around. I mean, I don’t even think I’ve fully explored all the new hidden corners of the map and people are still out here trying to learn how to drive the tank.
I’m planning to show off my BR skills once again this season and can’t wait for a new climb to begin. Before that happens though, let’s take a quick look at all the new features in Battle Royale mode.
- Safehouse – A new area hidden away under the Black Market. You need to use the Repair Tool to gain access but there are more secrets locked up inside.
- Toy Objects – There are now mysteriously scattered around the map, waiting to be discovered.
My Plans For The Season
Like every season before, my main focus is going to be Battle Royale and the up and coming ranked season. I was able to climb up to Legendary Rank last season and I simply have to do it again just to prove to myself that it wasn’t a fluke.
I can’t wait to collect the new skins, although, I’m probably going to be rocking the Kreuger – Alchemist skin for a while. I’m just not ready to let go of it just yet. I’m also hoping to play a lot more Multiplayer this season since I, unfortunately, missed out on the free-to-earn HBRa3 skin that was available in Season 7.
Do you play Call of Duty: Mobile? What are you most excited about for Season 8? Let me know in the comments section below!