That’s right ladies and gentleman, Call of Duty: Mobile Season 7 has finally arrived after a very short delay. In a bold move, Activision took it upon themselves to try and raise awareness for the Black Lives Matter movement and halted the release of the new season, but after this short wait, we finally get our hands on all the new content we’ve been anxiously waiting for.
I cannot tell you the excitement I felt when I saw the new loading screen for the first time. There are new maps for multiplayer, new guns to fuel the mayhem and, of course, an all-new Battle Pass as well to unlock even more rewards than before.
There are a ton of new updates to go through and the patch notes seem to be almost a mile long. So today, we’re going to break down some of the most important things you need to know about all the changes that have arrived this season. This is Call of Duty: Mobile – RADIOACTIVE AGENT.
Ranked Mode – Season 5
The new season of Call of Duty: Mobile’s Ranked mode is about to drop and it’s going to go all the way until August, so you have 2 full months to get climbing and earn the new weapons and soldiers for this season. They’ve also made a few “quality of life” changes to Ranked Multiplayer and Battle Royale to improve the overall user experience.
The HBR has been out of reach for a long time since you could only get through loot crates bought with Cod Points, but now it’s going to be available for everyone to earn, which is amazing. It comes with a great skin as well and I can’t wait to rank up and get my hands on the HBR.
- HBRa3 “Skull & Blood” – New Rare Weapon
- MSMC “Wasteland” – New Epic Weapon
- Battery “Skull & Blood” – New Epic Soldier
- Rank Score: Defeating a player with a higher rank will increase your score.
- Matchmaking: Players are now matched based on their overall performance and not just their Rank Tier.
- User Interface: Multiplayer Ranked menu has gotten a facelift.
- Battle Royale: Better rules for scoring and earning points.
The Call of Duty: Mobile Season 7 Battle Pass comes a fantastic list of rewards to earn and brand new epic soldiers as well for all those, like me, that are looking to get the premium pass.
Free Battle Pass Rewards:
- QQ9 “Base” – New SMG
- Cluster Strike – New Scorestreak
Premium Battle Pass Rewards:
- Ghost “Hazmat” – New Epic Soldier
- Krueger “Alchemist” – New Epic Soldier
- QQ9 “Flood” – New Epic Weapon
- “Barricade” themed weapons – New Epic Weapons
Battle Royale Mode
As a gigantic fan of Battle Royale mode, this was what excited me the most about Season 7. Just when I was starting to get familiar with all the spots on the map, they’re adding 7 new zones to explore as well a tank…for real, man! A WHOLE TANK!
As someone that plays a lot of 4-man squads, my mind is racing just thinking of how to play with the tank or against it. My first experience with it, the enemy got the tank all the way into the final zone and it proved to be one of the most fun and challenging encounters I’ve had so far in this game.
Let’s take a look at all the changes.
- Black Market – the only location to feature fully-functioning vending machines
- Downtown – the only location with its own ballroom
- Sanitarium – the next location to feature its own secret room to explore
- Ski Town
- Frigid Wetlands
New Vehicle – Tank:
- A real tracked Destroyer
- 120mm smoothbore gun
- Powerful heavy machine gun
- Arrives via airdrop mid to late game
- Weak to explosive weapons when shot from behind
- Man O War – New Assault Rifle
- DLQ33 – New Sniper Rifle
- Tempest – New Legendary Weapon
- Tactical Flashlight – Blinds an enemy in front of you but only at close range while aiming down sight
- Dead Silence Suppressor – Firing your weapon won’t reveal you on the minimap
- Iron Hand Stock – Increases your movement speed while aiming and keeps your gun stable, even when being attacked.
Another 2 great maps are being added to Call of Duty: Mobile’s famous roster of battlegrounds and rumour has it that an old favourite from the console versions will be making it’s way onto the scene in an upcoming update this season, so be on the lookout for that.
Tunisia is an all new action packed battleground available for a just few game modes and the infamous Gulag from Call of Duty: Warzone is finally coming to mobile for a 1v1 extravaganza!
Here’s all you need to know.
Tunisia, the Beach Town:
- Search & Destroy
- Attack of the Undead
- 1v1 Duel
Attack of The Undead
Many players, including myself, were sad to see the Zombie mode discontinued. It was a fun change of pace and gave you a completely new Call of Duty experience to enjoy. It may not be making a full fledged return but Attack of the Undead is a completely new game mode that dropped this season to give us all a good dose of some zombie action.
Game Mode Rules:
- All players start as Survivors but one will become the Undead
- Survivors aim to stay alive and fight until the end
- The Undead aim to hunt down al the survivors
- Survivors will become the Undead when they are killed
- The Undead can revive unlimited times
- Available on Tunisia, Standoff, Summit, Raid and Crash
My Plans For This Season
As exciting as all this new great content may be, I’ve got my eyes firmly locked on the new and improved Battle Royale Mode. I managed to get all the way to Pro Tier and that was with less than half a season worth of games under my belt. This season, I’m definitely aiming for Master and maybe even Legendary as well.
I just picked up a new hybrid mobile gaming controller, simliar to the GameSir F4 Falcon, and It’s given me the tweaks I need for a new playstyle and I can already see my average kill score rising.
Do you play Call of Duty: Mobile? What do you think of the new content in Call of Duty: Mobile Season7? Let me know in the comments section below.